Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mommy of 5

I grew to a mommy of 5!!!!
How´s that? Whoohooo! Let me tell the story.

Remember we got my hubby to have these two bunnys?
Ok. We had them. They moved in. I built them a hutch in the back of our yard.
They moved there. After a while I decided, we need to have them in the house for a while so they can get used to the kids being around. OK. We had them in the house, they got to run free at nights. And Brownie even made friends with our Boxer dog Kim.
So far, everything went great. The Preowner and I werent sure, if either one of them was cut. After a while Brownie started to approach Schlappi... and he never gave up. So I had to part them. She moved back out to the hutch and he stayed with us, with plans to have him cut. Well it was about to be Christmas, so no appointment at the vet until January.
Schlappi started carrying together a nest. So I was prepared, that neither one of them was cut. I tryed to find people to take the babies just for "in-case".
After 2 weeks, she would not touch the nest anymore, so I left the nest be and did not worry for a while. I was out there daily twice to feed and clean. After another 2 weeks I removed the nest, since she hasnt touched it in 4 weeks now.
Nobody thought about babys anymore... just until last afternoon.
I needed to clean the hutch and sent David to feed her first, and then I would clean out. Ha. It took him 2 minutes to come back yelling there was baby bunnies:-o
I jumped right out, and sure enough, that little missy had brought us 5 baby bunnies, and had hid them in a corner where I had stored our hay and straw.
Now, these babys must be at least 4 weeks, they are already eating food and jumping and playing around.
So sad, their dad will never get to meet his kids, because he has an appointmet next Thuesday to be cut:-D ( yep, I called right away)
Well, now I am feeding 5 very sweet baby bunnies, and rasing them till they are old enough to be given away. I already have one person that might take 2 of them. The rest we will find new homes too.

So, here some pics to show off, will take more later on:







No comments: